After Temporary Veneers
- Plastic temporary restorations will serve you for a short period of time while your permanent veneer is being made. They are attached only slightly to the underlying tooth so they can be removed easily.
- If a veneer comes off, call us and we will replace it immediately. If you are in a situation that will not allow you to come in, place the temporary back in place with some Fixodent (denture adhesive). You must still see us as soon as possible.
- The size, shape, and color of the temporary does not resemble the final veneer.
- Temporary veneers may leak saliva or food onto the tooth. Sensitivity to hot, cold, pressure, or sweets is not uncommon. You may also see stains under the temporaries. These will be removed prior to final cementation.
- Avoid heavy brushing of the temporaries and do not floss between them because you may pull them off.
- Your final porcelain veneers will be as close to the natural beauty and function of teeth as possible. They look and feel normal in every way.